DISCIPLINED, TAILORED INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT
Invest with Purpose, For the Long Term
- Use a goals-based process to craft a customized plan, to match assets to the proper time horizon, prioritization and risk management requirements for each objective.
- Use the endowment model successfully used by large university endowments through the years.
- Stated objectives
- Long term perspective-TIME IN THE MARKET, NOT TIMING THE MARKET, is the key to success.
- Prudent Diversification, with:
- Strategic focus on structural and secular trends and capital market assumptions; and
- Tactical focus on shorter term economic signals and technical factors to invest opportunistically.
- Reporting and Monitoring – report performance against stated objectives, market benchmarks and peer groups.
ENDURING PORTFOLIOS TO PROTECT AND ENHANCE WEALTH
- Build investment conviction through critical analysis of independent investment and economic research by experts worldwide, to maintain objectivity.
- Remain constant in our approach, to mitigate the negative effects of marketplace noise and to provide a rational framework to prevent impulsive reactions to short-term market volatility and cable news punditry.
INVESTMENT SELECTION MATTERS
- Investment selection is highly disciplined, involving analysis of quality, fit, fees and potential contribution to the portfolio.
- After stringent due diligence, we retain unaffiliated, expert institutional investment managers to maintain highly diversified portfolios.
- Continuous Process:
- Strategic asset class allocations, with tactical shifts
- Strategic diversification between
- Enhanced/Engineered Passive
- Tailored in light of client preference, market conditions and alpha generation opportunities, considering expenses and taxes.
- Regular Portfolio Allocation Review and Adjustment as needed.
- Regular Manager Review against benchmarks and peer groups, with adjustment as warranted.
It is a fact of investing that it is always more difficult to know when to fire a manager than when to hire a manager.
FULLY DIVERSIFIED ASSET ALLOCATION
- Core Fixed Income
- Developed Markets Public Equity
- Emerging Markets Public Equity
- Private Investments
- Diversified and Single-strategy Hedge Funds
- Extended credit, such as high yield or floating rate loans
- Currencies and Cash Equivalents